March 22, 2007

Websites playing cupid

Picture source: speedysigns.com

When I was in undergrad, orkut was the in-thing to find friends or boyfriends/girlfriends. I remember how all of us used to be on orkut everyday. Now it has become a site where you can catch up with long last friends and scrap each other.

These days adds for online dating has become very popular. There are quite a few sites which offer this service. To join this growing cupid list is "JustSayHi.com". Unlike their brothers, this site offers free dating service. All you need to do is register for their service and then hopefully you will find someone interesting! There is no "if you are not satisfied, you get 6 months free" thingie. I personally don't think I can choose my life-partner over a dating site. But hey it is the web2.0 generation, soon websites might be built to choose your kid!

Somehow a lot of people seem to believe in finding a spouse online. Even if you look at Indians, shadi.com and tamilmatrimony seem to be very popular to advertise for prospective brides and grooms. At least till now my parents haven't brought up the topic of placing ads on websites or The Hindu Classifieds. I think they know that I am going to tell them "Not now!".

No comments: