March 20, 2007

Credit score, the Magical Number



I realized that if you want to get a credit card or a loan in this country, you OUGHT to have a good credit history. Everything revolves around your credit score and your credit history. I have been looking at forums and websites to learn about ways to improve my credit score and was not able to find a one stop to learn about things related to credits and loans.

Recently I came across this site creditloan.com where you can actually learn about loans, credit cards, credit history and anything related to finance. It is pretty useful if you are a novice in the field of finance and would like some guidance and tutoring. I especially like their Simple loan calculator. You can calculate the monthly payments or the loan amounts. if you have been in this country for less than 2 years the Credit Report Score section talks about ways to enhance your credit score.

Before you get a loan it is very important to get quotes from two or more finance companies or lenders. You should also remember that everytime someone runs a credit check or you apply for a credit card, your credit score is affected. So don't just randomly apply for credit cards because too many credit checks will affect your score. These are somethings which I didn't know until now. I should say better late than never! If you don't have a great credit score, start working to build one now. All it takes is some effort and caution.

2 comments:

Kartik Kannan said...

Though I am not in the US, Your Blog is an excellent source of information for localites there replete with your experiences.

I think you can actually start a neighborhood blog, as your local experience can be of immense value

Good Work, Swetha

Regards

Kartik

Swetha said...

Thanks a lot Kartik. I like writing about things that will be useful to people rather than just news which they already know. I like your blog and the discussions that happen there. It is very interesting!