March 21, 2007

Time to make a Change

I prefer to change my cell phone carrier every year, the reason being that you can get better phones as well as better deals. I used have a T-Mobile account but then I changed to Verizon. The problem with Verizon is that you get less minutes for a higher price than T-Mobile.

So, I am planning to change my phone since my contract with Verizon is ending soon. I am ok with T-Mobile or Verizon. Anything other than Cingular works fine for me.
I was browsing for free phones that are available with the purchase of a plan and I checked out the free phones available at Alltell and Wirefly. Both have some good phones. But the free cell phones at Wirefly are simply amazing. You can get a BlackBerry Pearl with a new T-mobile account for FREE, thats right for free!

They also have some cool deals going on now. Sony W300i is also available for free "without any mail-in rebates". But this is on Cingular account, not going to work for me. With a new Verizon account you can get a Razr for free. When I got my Razr, I paid $70 for the phone for a one-year contract. I should have just got a free phone. So I have decided that I will not make the mistake of paying for a phone when you can get it for free for the second time!

I really like the offers at Wirefly which don't have any mail-in rebates. All these rebates take like 100 days or so and you mostly don't get the full amount back. The best thing to do would be to go in for free phones without any mail-in rebates on them. I think I am going to go in for the Nokia 6030 which comes with T-Mobile. On this I can get a $50 cash back after mail in rebate. Even if I don't get this amount, it is ok. I am happy that for once I was able to find some good deals on phones.

No comments: