April 30, 2007

Strange things



A very strange building in North Korea. It is called the Ryugyong Hotel. They stopped the construction of the hotel in 1992. If they complete it, this will be the tallest hotel in the world.. Any idea about the offices/hotels in Burj Dubai? May be there will be some hotel in the top most floor.. Imagine looking down from there ;)

I am planning to take my parents around Florida. One month of total free time and I am going to make the most use of it. Planning a vacation is pretty tedious and time consuming. Although I have decided the places I need to cover I am yet to make the Hotel Reservations. Places like Key West and Miami seem to be so expensive at this time of the year. But these are places which every person visiting Gatorland should see. I found out about this website Hotel Reservations.com where you can find hotels at discounted price. I first thought of booking hotel room through Priceline.com but then later thought about the kind of rooms people get especially at places like Miami. They also have offers on car rental and vacation packages. I like the way you can choose hotels and the diverse options you have to make your reservations.

Speaking of priceline, I need to write about the pathetic experience I had once when I went Tampa. I stayed at the Wyndham and paid $70 per night. I got the worst room which was so dirty and they refused to change my room. The bed cover had some stains and when I told them that I need a different room, they told me that since I had booked through priceline they cannot change my room. I had at argue with the receptionist for more than 15 minutes to have them change my room. Finally that guy budged. After that I decided not to book hotels through Priceline. Now that I am taking my parents along, I am surely going to book a hotel through a proper website!

No comments: