April 15, 2007

Gruesome week

Last week was really busy. I had so much to do in so little time..a lot of time became less time due to procrastination. I have tried real hard, but this is always the case.. It all starts with thinking that I can complete one task a little later since I have 2 more days before the due date.. then the postponement has an avalanche effect! But somehow I managed to get all the work done.

Weekend was fun.. I went to the "VISA Talent show" which is a multicultural talent competition. There were clubs like the Japanese club, Brazilian club etc, participating. Last year the Indian club, 'Indian Inc' won the talent competition. This year they won it again! I personally thought the performance by the Brazilian people was very good, but they lacked variety! The Indians performed Garbha and Rass followed by Bharatnatyam.

****************************

Just two more weeks to go before I get done with the Spring Semester, the last semester in my grad school life! I am kind of excited about it but also sad that I am going to be leaving Gnv, which has been my home for the last 1.5 years..

****************************

Today I went to Wal-mart to get some empty CDs. But as usual you never buy one thing when you are in Wal-mart. I went there to do a purchase for $10 and ended up spending $30 and guess what, I did not buy the CDs. Instead I got a (Florida) Gator T-shirt for $22 and a cap for $8. Now that the Gators have won the Basketball and the Football National championships, the price of all the Gator stuff has increased like crazy. I am sure that I could have got the same T-shirt for $15-$16 some 1 month back.. I guess this is the price you pay for being a part of the Gator Nation!

No comments: