June 20, 2005

Choices in life

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same, .............

-Robert Frost

Every day each of us has choices to choose from.. The fact we sometimes fail to realize is that our tomorrow depends on the decision we make today!!

This poem "The road not taken" by Robert Frost is my all time favorite. I think it makes a lot of sense. Most of us at one point of time or the other, feel that we should have taken the other choice when we had to make a decision..
We tend to forget that we are what we are today not only because of the choice we made earlier but also because of the way we carried out the tasks in the chosen path.
It is not possible to know the future but at least we can predict it to a certain extent.

Today I am starting my own blog space. Thanks to Sid, I have started blogging!!!

4 comments:

Sidharth said...

Welcome to Blogosphere :)

Swetha said...

thanks a lot.. u better be a regular visiter here

Sidharth said...

Sure...and you better be blogging reguarly here else I will keep reminding you like you do on my blog :)

Swetha said...

that goes without saying ;)