April 25, 2008

I wonder why

There are so many things about me which I don’t understand.. I am almost a quarter century old [Yes, I am Very Young :)] and I just don’t seem to get answers to the way I feel about things and the way I react.. Has this ever happened to you?

Of late I have been questioning myself a lot and haven’t got convincing answers.. Simple things like I cannot go to bed until 12 - 12.30 am every night.. Like yesterday, I was very tired due to lack of sleep the previous night, yet couldn’t get some peaceful sleep.. So I called up my friend in the west coast and started talking to him.. I dint let the poor guy go to bed until 1 am (his time, ofcourse)... I am sure he must have been thinking like what the *^&# is wrong with this girl, acting like a nocturnal creature!

I seem to get worked up on simple issues and then immediately feel stupid about getting worked up.. Like the other day, my mom brought up the topic of "settling" down and I started talking to her about how life is not just about marriage and stuff.. Then I realized that my mom asked me a simple question and I could have just told her that I need time!

I have been saying things to freak out people close to me and have been too conscious not to let people get close to me.. I told a very close friend of mine that I don’t trust him all that much!! Can u believe it? He has been a great friend and I actually told this to him on his face.. Thankfully he understood what I meant and dint get worked up like me ;)

So I started thinking of a work around for this idiosyncrasy phase of my life and came up with these options: write poems, go on a euro trip, join martial arts, go to Las Vegas and gamble or just shut up!! None of them make sense except for the last one..

After reading all this, don’t you feel like I am loosing it? I was flabbergasted by my post that I almost deleted it.. But hey, may be 6 months from now I will have a hearty laugh reading it!

2 comments:

guyfromblore said...

'may be 6 months from now I will have a hearty laugh reading it' - isn't that the whole point of blogging :-)

Swetha said...

Lalith

Very true.. That is one reason why I don't want to even think about not blogging.