May 12, 2007

A memorable holiday

Seven mile bridge - Key West

Last week was awesome. I took my parents to Miami and Key West. The three of us had a wonderful time. We went to the beaches and my parents loved the ride to Key West especially the 7 mile bridge. I have been to Miami before but this was my first trip to Key West and it was great. I was thinking that the whole place was going to be very crowded since all the hotels were booked, but surprisingly I could not find too many people.


Miami

In Miami we stayed in a hotel next to the Miami river on the 15th floor and the view we had from there was breathtaking. My dad utilized his camcorder to the fullest. He took video of every small thing that caught his eye. I could remember the times when my parents used to plan out trips and take my sister and I to various places. This time it felt very different. I did the planning..


My dad driving

My dad drove my car on the way back from Key West and he did an awesome job. Initially I was very scared to let him drive because in India we are not aware of 'lane discipline', 'speed limit' and 'honking'. But my dad has been driving for more than 35 years and so I allowed him to drive for about 50 miles and he drove very confidently and was able follow lanes and speed limit.. of course he didn't have the need to honk as everybody else on the road was also driving carefully!

2 comments:

guyfromblore said...

does your Dad have a license? If not, it's extremely risky letting him drive. Maybe he can drive carefully, but if there is some other fool who comes crashing into you, you can get into real bad trouble (just my take)

Swetha said...

Lalith: He has a license and I added him on to my insurance before I let him drive :)