February 16, 2007

Chennai shocked me (Part 2)

Here are some of the good things about Chennai:

There are so many shopping malls, restaurants, movie halls, clubs etc. I went to this new place "Citi Center". It was very nice. It looked like a smaller version of the malls here. There is a lot of parking space and well organized.

I went for walking in the Anna Nagar tower for about 5 days at 5.30 AM. I noticed the changes, there were lights, the walkway was clean and no homeless people sleeping in the park. I remember how this place used to be some 5 years back...Great improvement to how it was before and how it is now.

I also had a chance to go on the ECR road as well as on the Old Mahabalipuram road (OMR). ECR is still the same, a few more restaurants, but OMR has a lot of IT companies and apartments. There is a lot of construction activity going on, more buildings and they have also widened the road a little.

A lot of people like the new Chennai but i still prefer the old one.. It was safer, more clean and less people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are u from chennai?