October 7, 2005

How NOT to work on the Server!!

Yesterday was an amazing day.

I had to fix up some stuff related to the Retrospect Software (Used for backup) at Work.
I remotely logged on to one of the servers and I was trying to fix things up.
I then enabled the firewall and forgot to set the exceptions. This disabled remote connections to that server!!

I thought that it would be easy to set it right.

But I found out that the server doesn't have a monitor or a keyboard connected to it.

It is not too much of a task to connect the monitor/keyboard. But it is very adventurous and thrilling if you have to climb up a book shelf, get on to the loft to connect the monitor and keyboard to the processor, sit on the edge of the rack and disable the firewall!! That's exactly what I did yesterday..

That is me on top of the rack, my friend Michelle holding the Monitor and to my left on the Loft is the Server!!!

4 comments:

Sidharth said...

awesome!!

aggieland should be proud of you!!! even if they cant be proud of their football team now after the drubbing yesterday ;)

CAR said...

heheh, funny!.. (stumbled from Sid's blog)

Swetha said...

Ravi,
It was indeed a memorable experience when my supervisor was laughing and not yelling at me.. Thank God he is a cool guy!!

Swetha said...

Car,

Thanks a lot.