July 28, 2005

Four years of BE, waste of time??

At the end of four years of under graduation in the field of computer science, I have my doubts of how much I have learnt.

What we learn at colleges in India is simply theoretical. Though we have practical sessions, lab work etc we don’t learn much. Most of us used to copy and paste the codes and get the records signed.

The Profs want to finish the syllabus and get their work done. They don’t care about the student's learning process.
The students are also to be equally blamed. When given assignments, what we usually do is copy paragraphs from the books, fill up pages and submit them. We do this coz we know that the professors don’t care a damn about what we write.

I know I am cribbing about something I enjoyed for 4 years, but it is just that I now feel that I should have worked harder and taken things more seriously.

Hopefully in the years to come the Indian education system will change and concentrate more on practical training and actual learning.

1 comment:

Sidharth said...

I think the revamping of the educational system has already started.Just a matter of time before most of the major universities in India have more focussed syllabi and lots more practical training.