July 23, 2005

My new home!!

July 17 2005, one of the most memorable days of my life, the day I landed at this wonderful place called the United States of America.

It was so amazing and exciting to be at a completely new place and to be surrounded by people whom you don’t know. In the beginning I was a little apprehensive, but I had a friend who kept reassuring me and helped me to drive out every bit of fear I had. I owe it to him. Thank you Sidharth!

The flight from Madras to Houston was 24 hours, it was the most tiring day of my entire life. I had food at odd times, slept when I should actually be eating and had to stay sitting for a real long time. But all this trouble was worth getting to the destination. That’s what really matters.

I am kind of getting settled at Texas A&M now. Probably in a week or two, I should be completely fine with this new home. Although I miss mom's cooking, home, noise et all, I guess one has to make compromises to gain something.

4 comments:

Sidharth said...

Hey Sweths!

Good to see you are settling down well in College Station.GradSchool is definitely going to be a lot of fun and you should be savouring every moment of this new and exciting phase in your life!!

Swetha said...

Thanks a lot Sid.Am totally looking forward to the next 2 years in Texas and ofcourse seeing TAMU beat Michigan in Football :)

Swetha said...

Thanks Ravi.Am definitely going to give my best and aim for the sky in everything I am going to do!!!!!

Swetha said...

Thanks Raghuram.Are you from TAMU too?