January 25, 2008

And the result..

I tried being a 'guy' for a day and I should say I was pretty successful. The day started off by rolling out of the bed at 7.15 am after having a very sound sleep and not doing the bed, ofcourse :). Then got ready to go to work.. Didn't pay too much attention to whether my shoes matched my shirt color or if I looked pretty. I was at work at 8.10 am and logged on to espn.com, yahoo finance and then cricinfo! Then the day went by pretty smoothly, had a couple of meetings, as usual projects were behind schedule and as a guy, I let my manager worry about it ;)

During lunch, I went with my friends to a Thai place. Ordered food and were chatting for a while about company politics and cars. Came back home after work at around 6.00 pm, made my coffee and sat in front of the Tv for 2 hours. Then I realized that I had to cook something for dinner. I did not panic, instead I picked up my phone and ordered pizza with extra cheese! Did not bother to clean the dishes from the previous day.. I continued to watch the idiot box and answered a few phone calls, spoke to my mom for 5 MINS and then put the phone down :) That itself is an achievement coz conversations with my mom last atleast 25 mins everyday! I felt lazy to put my bed and ended up sleeping on the couch!

On the whole, pretty relaxed day, no worries, and did nothing productive ;) Now I realize why guys love the way they lead their lives..

4 comments:

karthik said...

I think this is the nature's reason to have a two different genders. It creates a fine balance of priorities between a man and a women.I am glad you had a great day!.

Mahays said...

Good,

i liked th is post very mach...

Swethaji..

very good analysis.. :-)

Cheers
mahen

Anonymous said...

yin and yang, heaven and earth, matter and antimatter... a recurring theme.... in philosophy mythology and science...

Ganapathy S Avathan said...

That's a very good attempt! I really appreciate that you did something different to experience a difference. I think, not only guys are of that kind, but girls also. I'm not trying to say that guys are better than girls or vice versa but my point is, it's not that what you experienced belongs to guys, but belongs to both guys and girls of this age, I mean youngsters of this Information Age! You tried what 99% of youngsters do today. You may also try what the remaining 1% do. And one must be honest when speaking like this, I belong to the 99% irresponsible :)

Thx,
Ganapathy S A