January 20, 2006

Brewing money - Starbucks!

A place frequented by most of the students... Actually not only when they are students, even after graduating!!

Starbucks is the largest Coffee chain in the US. I should say they have proved as to how something started small can become a Big Hit! Every major city / Univesity town has atleast one Starbucks.. All the airports have one.

I guess one of the criteria for opening a mall in the US, is that there should be atleast one Starbucks Store!!

This article is a cover story about Starbucks..

Let me share my views of the success of Starbucks..

A cup of coffee (12 Oz.) prepared at home will cost at the most 80 cents [commercially].. For the same, at Starbucks we pay $2.99... No wonder why they are making profits ($$$$)

4 comments:

narayanan said...

erm...surprisingly never been there(though it was right behind my previous apt). am still looking for a place I can get 'degree kaapi' :D

-narayanan

Anonymous said...

Try Shantico .. Its Awesome!

Shriedhar said...

:)

Swetha said...

Ricky:

Never tried Cafe Vanilla.. Will order it next time.

Ranganathan:

I am having degree kapi / rather brewed coffee at home... Got a $12 deal on a coffee maker from Wal-Mart