November 4, 2005

Lemon Rice - Indian Delicacy


I made Lemon Rice for the first time.. Thanks to my friend's mom who gave me a easy and wonderful recipe, it came out really well..

I am sharing this recipe: Sob Sob!! Not a secret anymore

In pan put oil, mustard, kadalai parupu (channa dhal), curry leaves, red chilly (1) and green chilly (1). Wait till the kadala parupu turns golden brown, and then remove from the fire.

In the mean time squeeze lime, take the juice.. (For one cup of uncooked rice, use 1/2 lemon). Add salt and turmeric powder to the juice.

Add this juice to the fried mixture. Then add boiled rice to it and mix well.

Garnish with coriander and serve hot!!

This is simple to make and tastes real good.

Happy cooking!

3 comments:

narayanan said...

I never knew lemon rice needed a recipe to prepare :-?

-narayanan

Kiran said...

Hmmmm...that sounds Yummy!!!

gautami tripathy said...

Thats so sour!