October 30, 2007

Am I Cynophobic?

For some reason I had an affinity towards animals when I was a kid. Usually kids my age used to be scared of going near them but I used to look forward to meeting my animal friends!

I should have been about 5-6 years and I used to love watching an elephant making its evening rounds on my street. If I remember right, the elephant and its mahout used to come by on weekends for close to a year. They used to stand in front of my house and I used to run to the gate to give the elephant a banana. My sister, being the timid one, used to stand near the door and watch me feed the elephant.

My other friend was the cow which used to come to our house every morning (5 am) with its master to milk. We used to get fresh milk and most of the days I used to get up and used to feed the cow.

Picture source: msnbc.com

Now I go no where near animals. For some reason I have grown to be really scared of dogs (cynophobia). Although as a kid I always wanted to get a dog, now I stay 10 feet away from them! I am not sure if it was a dog chasing incident when I was in 6th grade which made me fear the species or something else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Swetha..I ran across your page yesterday and read thru several aricles of your blog.Its just like you have read my mind and wrote it out.. Its really scary@!.. especially.. Robert frost.. Cynophobic.. Priceline..and even the hotel in Key west..

Oh well.. It's nice to see someone who shares the same passion as I do..

btw.. the lines below are my favorite.. let me know if you recognize them.. till then Ciao!

" The wood are lovely dark and deep
but,I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep
and miles to go before I sleep"