September 2, 2005

Feeling Just Great!!

Things cannot get better than this... I finally got an assistantship!! Hurray :)
It feels soooo good. I have started working already. Classes have begun and my schedule is pretty hectic. I sometimes feel like I have been hit by a truck!
But I am sure that I am going to get used to all this work and bustling around.

************************

Indian Restaurants

There are so many of Indian eat outs at Houston and at Austin. Unfortunately there is only one at College Station and it is very bad. So none of us venture going to that place.

I guess the US is now so populated with Indians that there aren’t many states which don’t have Indian Khana places.

***************************

Friday Nights

College
Station is a university town. So Friday nights are generally chill out times. There is this place called Northgate where you have lots of pubs and clubs. This place doesn’t have discs but it is a very nice place to hang out with friends.

There is this place called Martini where on Fridays you have Salsa dancing. There are a lot of country clubs and live music. It is very different from the usual. It is pretty good.


SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Sidharth said...

Congrats on getting funded and welcome to desi gradschool life! :)

Swetha said...

Thanks a lot Sid